Assistant Director, Broadcasting and Production
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Assistant Director, Broadcasting and Production
Job Profile Title
Marketing Coordinator A
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Director, Broadcasting and Production, reporting to the Director of Broadcasting and Production, will assist in live streaming and broadcasting of Penn Athletics events with the primary purpose of ensuring ESPN+, Ivy League and University standards are met. The successful candidate will manage event broadcasts for home Penn Athletics competitions and special events on ESPN+ and regional sports networks when the Director is not present. This position will serve as the secondary broadcasting and production contact with ESPN+ and the Ivy League. This position will work with the Director of Broadcasting and Production to ensure the proper maintenance of audio/video equipment.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of live productions for Penn Athletics aired on ESPN+ or regional sports networks. Ensure production staff can serve as the official video review for all applicable sports besides football. Assist in coordinating production schedules, trainings, and communications with game-day staff to ensure sufficient coverage for all events. Ensure home athletic events get on-air and are fully staffed in the absence of the Director.
- Manage resources and audio-visual equipment inventory to support live streaming and archiving of digital video assets. Assist Director in preparation of a budget and future planning for the PSN.
- Represent PSN in production meetings and planning sessions for events that require video services. Coordinate with Marketing, Communications, Operations, IT and Facilities on live streaming and broadcast logistics, including reporting infrastructure and related issues prior to, during, and after events.
- Develop and maintain quality control standards for productions, develop documentation for preparing on camera talent and training staff. Maintain broadcast and production standard operating procedures manual annually.
- Coordinate with the Director of Video Content for the Penn Sports Network on daily operations, equipment and digital asset inventory.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required. 1-2 years of relevant experience in area of broadcasting and live production is required.
- Must be proficient with web streaming software, camera operations (HD & SD), microphones, lighting and related production equipment, & control room equipment.
- Experience in a professional live event broadcast environment and ability to demonstrate competence in all areas of video production preferred.
- Knowledge of Panasonic, NewTek, and video production and broadcast standards of the Ivy League, ESPN, and regional sports networks a plus.
- Must be available nights and weekends.
- A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate Athletics
$37,220.00 - $42,000.00 Annual Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/White-Training-House-Dunning-Coaching-Center/Assistant-Director--Broadcasting-and-Production_JR00077115
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency